Michael A. Edwards
Attorney Michael A. Edwards is an associate attorney who represents clients in family law related matters including divorce, post-judgment disputes and modifications, paternity actions, child custody and placement actions, child support and spousal support actions, and restraining orders. Michael attended Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa and graduated with University Honors after earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Law, Politics & Society and Rhetoric & Communication Studies. He attended Marquette University Law School, graduating in 2017. While in law school, he was an editor for the Marquette University Sports Law Review. Michael also graduated with a certificate in Sports Law as well as Pro Bono Society Honors for volunteering nearly 400 hours of his time to pro bono legal services.
Prior to joining Brazil & Benske in September 2021, Attorney Edwards practiced family law in Wisconsin's Fox Valley Region. Attorney Edwards has chosen to solely practice family law as he is strongly interested in working with people to address their needs while also successfully guiding them through their family law matters. He firmly believes a collaborative attorney-client approach is crucial and strives to maintain open and honest communication with his clients, as well as to establish realistic expectations. He diligently endeavors to achieve the best results for his clients, whether through resolution or litigation.
As Michael's clients know, his passion is to make a positive impact on everyone who walks into his office. An avid researcher and learner, he is constantly learning and perfecting his skills to better serve families across Wisconsin. In the courtroom, he fiercely defends his to get the best possible results. He is a caring lawyer who makes every client a priority, building winning cases around their genuine concerns and long-term goals. His exceptional service, compassionate style, and positive results earned him the 2018 Avvo Client's Choice Award.
In his free time, Michael enjoys spending time with family and friends. He avidly supports live music and tries to get to as many concerts as possible. Additionally, Michael is a die-hard sports fan whether it is college or professional sports. In college sports, he cheers on his Drake Bulldogs, Marquette Golden Eagles, and the Wisconsin Badgers. In professional sports, Michael roots for the Milwaukee Bucks, Brewers, and Green Bay Packers.
Attorney Edwards is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody and Placement
- Child Support
- Alimony/Spousal Support/Maintenance
- Property Division
- Paternity Actions
- Post-Judgment Disputes/Modifications
- Relevant Tax Issues
- Restraining Orders
- Simple/Uncontested Divorce
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Wisconsin, 2017
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctorate - 2017
- Honors: Pro Bono Society Award
- Honors: Certificate in Sports Law
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2014
- Honors: University Honors
- Major: Law, Politics & Society
- Major: Rhetoric & Communication Studies
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Avvo Client’s Choice Award
- “Excellent” Avvo Rating
- Avvo “Top Attorney”
- Lead Counsel Rated in Family Law and Divorce
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association
- The Leander J. Foley, Jr. Society of Family Lawyers
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- The Divorce Cooperation Institute
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Young Lawyers Division
- Fond du Lac County Bar Association
- The Young Professionals of Fond du Lac